Pitcrew Mining provides automated OTR tyre inspection, with 24/7 real time scanning of your fleet without operator intervention. The Pitcrew AI system can identify several key problems:
- Hot tyres - the system can rapidly identify if the surface temperature of any tyre is warmer than adjacent tyres. A hot tyre could indicate several problems from something as simple as under-inflation to more serious issues. Excessively hot tyres can pose a fire and potential explosion risk and are a major safety issue. The system compliments TPMS systems by measuring external tyre temperatures.
- Tyre separation - rock-cut separation, tread separation and delamination are common problems in mining environments. Pitcrew’s system is able to detect separation very early, enabling time to schedule tyre repairs, avoiding unscheduled downtime and extending tyre life
- Brake issues - brake anomalies can be identified, allowing for maintenance to be planned and averting potential safety risks.
- Biased Loading - valuable insights for production to help optimise loading efficiency
- Extend tyre operating life and enable tyre repair in some circumstances
- Minimise unplanned tyre changes
- Eliminate preventable hot tyre events
- Detect potential tyre fires before they cause major damage
- Identify haul road maintenance issues quickly
- Reduce site operating costs
- Improve the safety of mining operations
How does it work?
The Pitcrew AI system is delivered as a self-contained pad-mounted unit, with solar and battery power, along with cellular data connection.
The system is placed at the side of a haul road and automatically scans passing vehicles.
AI-powered algorithms identify vehicle types and potential problems
If a problem is detected the control room and key personnel can be alerted with details such as vehicle ID, defect type and location, time of detection, plus images and video to assist further assessment
Real time alerts via SMS, email or SCADA. Integration with many site planning systems for automatic creation of work orders etc.
Flexible software integrations with third party systems
Web dashboard accessible from anywhere with internet connection
Key issues identified:
Rock cut separation identified
Belt edge separation identified
Final drive asymmetry identified